This page is for the information of people who would like to have their breed database hosted on Worldpedigrees. The main points are:
- We are happy to host your database free of charge.
- We do ask that you make best efforts to maintain the quality of your data and that you are happy to work with others who may want to contribute data to your database.
- We do reserve the right to terminate hosting of any and all database for any reason and without notice.
- We like requests for new features from users so please feel free to make them!
Notes as follows:
- You own the data you upload to Worldpedigrees as per our site terms and conditions.
- You maintain your data in your Breedmate application on your PC and when you are ready, you can upload the latest version of that data to Worldpedigrees.
- Pro users can add data to any database on Worldpedigrees and they do not need approval to do that. Their additions will appear immediately. User additions are stored separately from convenor data.
- While the convenor has no control over what users add, if they add a dog with the same name, then the convenors data takes precedence and replaces what a Pro user may have added.
- The convenor can seek contributions from others. This data could be in the form of Breedmate databases or other forms of readable data such as CSV. After loading such contributed data the convenor will typically look for duplicates with the same or similar names. Breedmate has many built in features to assist with this. The normal merge database command has an option to exclude duplicates. You can also use the Data Doctor feature to help clean up the data.
- Feel free to post any requests for data or any updates about your data on the Workdpedigrees Forum.
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your name
- Your email if different from the one you emailed us with.
- The names of the breed(s) you would like us to host.
- A copy of your Breedmate database. We will upload this once only to check for any problems. All further updates to the database will be done by you as detailed in the section below.
When we have received the above and completed the install we will send you detailed instructions.
How to upload changes
This section is for information about how to automatically update your databases
to Worldpedigrees. In general terms you will keep your data in your desktop Breedmate database and when you are ready to upload the latest version of your data, close Breedmate then open a separate application called Pedigree Publisher.
Please follow these steps:
First get the latest version of Pedigree Publisher by purchasing it from www.breedmate.com, float over the STORE menu and click on Online Orders.
After installing this version start PedPub and open the database you want to export and use the TOOLS-Export to Worldpedigrees command. A dialogue box will appear as shown below:
The contents of the dialogue should be as shown above, i.e. URL must be "http://www.worldpedigrees.com/External".
The "Remote table" and "Password" fields must be set for your specific database. You will be supplied with a list of the "Table Name"s and "Password" to use. The Password will be the same for all the databases that you control on Worldpedigrees. Click "Connect" and the list of Server Fields and suggested matching Local Fields is displayed. You will need to change the Fields to match your actual field names in the database, e.g. you might call the Registration field "Reg No.".
The last step is the easiest. Just press the "Export" button. An hourglass cursor appears while the data transfer to worldpedigrees occurs. For large databases this can be quite lengthy.
That's it. Save your database so that when you open later the values you set in this dialogue won't need to be re-entered.